Author Topic: Scottish Ford Day 2021  (Read 702 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Bobby

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 7
Scottish Ford Day 2021
« on: February 06, 2021, 03:32:01 PM »
Happy new year to all.I have been looking at the FBHVC news page for the last several weeks,regarding the current situation with respect to car shows.I feel that in order to have any chance of car shows being held this year,we will need to make our voices heard to the relevant authorities,and not just wait for them to decide what they think is 'best'. I am sorry to say,but i believe that many car clubs,and venue sites/museums are going to be in real trouble this year if everything is to be cancelled the way that it was last year.I along with everyone else was bitterly disappointed  last year when all the car shows were cancelled,particularly the Scottish Ford Day in September,as it has always been my personal favourite event of the year by some margin.I was also quite annoyed to find out that the Hampton Court Concours went ahead last September,over three days,and without any of the apparent restrictions in place,masks,social distancing etc which i found very strange when you consider that we are all apparently taking the situation seriously? There are videos on youtube of the Hampton Court Concours that you can see for yourself.

Have a read of the FBHVC News on events here

Offline Dobbin

  • Committee Member / Helper
  • Full Member
  • *
  • Posts: 88
Re: Scottish Ford Day 2021
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 07:27:48 PM »
Good evening Bobby, There was only one official club show held in Scotland last year at Kames hosted by East Ayrshire Classics. At a recent SVVF series of Zoom video calls, they are very doubtful if even this will go ahead this year. I have just posted a few words in the Members page on the likelihood of us hosting Scottish Ford Day this year and I have to confess that unless there is a significant change and improvement very soon, this just wouldn't be a viable option. However, a decision will not be made until April when we need to start making financial commitments to enable any show to proceed. Let us hope that we can have something as I think we all really missed out on going to a few shows last year.