Author Topic: Road Tax Reminder  (Read 643 times)

Offline Dobbin

• Committee Member / Helper
    • View Profile
Road Tax Reminder
« on: March 06, 2018, 07:42:00 PM »
Well, the annual road tax V11 arrived in the post today for the 'auld car'. Now with all that's been going on over the last 6 months or so with the proposed changes to the classification of 'Historic' 'Modified' vehicle status I was a bit unsure what I'd come across on the DVLA web site. Well, actually nothing different to previous years, or at least what I saw. I know that changes are proposed from may, but I thought there might have been something on the page mentioning it. Oh well, we'll just have to see what happens and hope that many classic car clubs and enthusiasts rose to the challenge and submitted letters expressing their concerns over the proposed changes. Incidentally, I resubmitted the letter Craig & I compiled back in September (minus the article on MOT exemption).

If when you next go to tax your car on line or at a post office (if you can find one) let us know of any changes regarding historic status.

Offline BSV205F

• Club Member
  • Joined this club in 1981 aged 18...and still here!
    • View Profile
Re: Road Tax Reminder
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 09:35:21 AM »
I got mine as well yesterday and it was exactly the same procedure as all previous, however the 1600E is not modified so don't know if that had any effect or not.  :-\
Ford Cortina 1600E Owner since 1981 with:-
BSV205F             VVA450H          RRC454F
(not forgetting in early 90's had Ford Orion 1600E reg F720UJS)